tripping the life unbalanced

Saturday, September 24, 2005

my kitchen is kicking my ass

So I've been slacking at this blogging thing. I'll think of a whole bunch of interesting things to write, thinking "oh yeah, that's a good one." And then never get it down here. Might have something to do with the fact that I usually have these brillant ideas just as I am falling asleep after climbing into bed after another exhausting day. Of course, I can always find time for some television, but that's another entry.

Yep. excuses, excuses.

I've been battling with my kitchen lately. It's been giving me a good fight. I'll go down there in the mornings to make some coffee and then it starts - coffeepot slips out of my hands and onto the floor. Water everywhere. 6:30am. As I bend down to pick it up, one of the cupboard doors that NEVER CLOSES hits me in the face. Toddler wanders in requesting "hot milk, please?" (well - who's kidding - I'm lucky if I get that "please" so early in the morning). I open the fridge to get Miss A's milk and the crisper falls right out on the floor. Once I get the crisper sorted out, I start to warm the milk in the microwave and I step on a cold piece of pasta from the night before. Nothing I hate more than the feeling of old food stuck on my foot.

By this point, it's only 6:45AM, I'm frustrated and ready to climb back into bed. How can a kitchen get the upper hand so early in a person's day?

1 Comments:

  • Nice new blog! Look, you're already blogging in your head as you go through the day - that's half the job. I say, if it sticks around long enough to make it to the blog, it's the sign of a good post. Too many potential post ideas get lonely and leave in my life, and I too, fight the kitchen battle. We're in good company.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home