tripping the life unbalanced

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

conversation before daycare

If you were rushing around with me this morning, getting Alice ready for her day, you would have seen me frantically trying to clean her face off (somehow she managed to get banana caked into her cheek) before we took off in the car for daycare. I actually did the whole "spit and wipe" thing on my poor baby's face. You remember that one? Where your mom grabs your face, spits on her fingers, and then rubs furiously at some small spot? I have excellent memories of that myself.

Alice "whatcha doing, mommy?"

Me: "Trying to rub your face off"

Alice (shocked) "what???" she pulls away from me

Alice (very very upset, meltdown pending) "no mommy, you can't wipe my face off, that's my face and it belongs to me." (accusatory finger pointed at me)

Me: (long exhale). well said, my friend, well said.

1 Comments:

  • Cute! My husband should have said this when they tried to peel his face off!

    Thanks for your nice comment today - I've always said (um, since the first time I heard it) that blogging makes you care about people you don't know. Today I needed some caring.

    Just please tell me you're not a segment producer for a mommy-themed lifestyle TV show - I never reckoned those types would be down there on the scale with lawyers and politicians!

    I like how you enjoy your daughter!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home