tripping the life unbalanced

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

so kiss me and smile for me

I'm off, folks. Leaving tomorrow night for a week in France to talk television. Say your prayers for me, please, because I surely will need it amongst the many many pitches of "I've got this great idea for a reality show, see?"

Luckily, I'm still sick. I've been fighting this cold/flu now for over 2 weeks and I'm damn sick of being sick. I went to the doctor's yesterday and she was all "tsk tsk you have a virus and tsk tsk there is nothing I can prescribe for you" and I was all "fuck you." She suggested that I go home and "get some sleep for two days" and then I would feel better. Yah, I'll get right on that.

Anyway, to all the people I keep meaning to contact/get back to/call/or yell in their general direction: big sorry and a promise to do so when I return.

I hate leaving Alice when I go away on business. It hurts my heart. This time she seems so much more aware that I am leaving. Tonight at dinner she put her hands on my face and said very solemnly: "France is very very far away from me, mommy, and when you are there I won't be."

Kill me now. Please?

So think of me, friends, tomorrow night as you tuck your kidlets into bed. I'll be high in the sky, high on Ativan. Missing my child already, I'm sure. But kind of looking forward to a bed by myself for one whole week. And the pastries. Sweet Jesus, the pastries.

5 Comments:

  • Have a great trip!

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 10:57 p.m.  

  • Hope you have a guilt, i mean great, trip!

    By Blogger karengreeners, at 7:06 a.m.  

  • French pastries, mmmmmmhhh... Oh you lost me for a second.

    Best of luck! I hate flying when I have cold. Be sure to take some decongestives before you get on board. (Preferably ones that will make you sleep!)

    By Blogger ms blue, at 12:55 p.m.  

  • Have a good trip. Your little one's words are aching, but she will survive. Eat some of those pastries for me will you?

    Hmmm, ativan and pastries. Nice.....

    By Blogger crazymumma, at 4:18 p.m.  

  • Discovered your blog a few months ago & enjoy it.

    The subject matter in your most recent post re: the cold/flu virus struck home. I also have whatever the hell it is - I'm on day 12. (I also live in Toronto.)

    I'd thought about going to the doctor. You saved me a trip. Why bother? This too shall pass...

    Hope you are having a fabulous time in France. Yes, you will miss your daughter but we all need some time for ourselves. You've got it - enjoy it!

    Elisabeth (estewart@rogers.com / no blog yet)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home