tripping the life unbalanced

Thursday, January 18, 2007

prescriptions for plastics

Oh internet people, I have a dilemma. And once again I am turning online to lay my questions at your feet.

I am off on a business trip to Los Angeles soon and I need some advice - where to stay, what to avoid, how to look like I am having a good time? Which, to be honest, is difficult at the best times for me.

Hollywood, Burbank, L.A. West? It's a blur to me. A great big blur of tans and synthetics.

To rewind a bit, I'm heading out there for a business trip soon and would love any advice thrown my way. While I'm fairly well-versed on all things New York City, I'm afraid to say my L.A, speak is not so good. And in the world of the television industry, which pays my bills, those are the two cities that have their fingers on the remote, so to speak.

I already have Nadine on the case, and I know once Marla reads this her research finger will start itching as well. It's the best having friends who automatically reach for their laptops before you've even finished your sentence about taking a trip somewhere.

But I wanted to ask any of you who also have some advice to give - ummm...can you please give it to me already? Perhaps some of you mama bloggers have recently taken a trip to Hollywood and you want to share? Because I know how realistic that is.

Whatever you have people, c'mon already and shout it out. I'll need to arm myself with some knowledge ammo before taking on L.A. And my handy supply of Ativan, of course.

3 Comments:

  • Have never been, but I am sure it will be wonderful! Or, at least sunny and warm? Maybe? Enjoy...as much as one can enjoy a business trip...

    By Blogger chichimama, at 7:55 a.m.  

  • oh hell. I have nothing to give you but I am sure Nadine and Marla will steer you right.

    Take good shots of the people watching ok? I want shots of bad plastic surgery.....

    By Blogger crazymumma, at 11:00 a.m.  

  • I haven't been to LA in about seven years, so any advice I could give you will be tainted by the one thing you must avoid there above all costs. Age.

    But seriously, Pacific Palisades is very nice.

    By Blogger landismom, at 12:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home