tripping the life unbalanced

Sunday, January 07, 2007

yes. i know

My blogging activity over the past few months has been negligent at best. What can I say? The holidays, work, child, eating, drinking, hanging out with real-life family and friends. It kind of took over. And then there's the motivation thing. I mean, really - if I have the choice between writing in this blog or watching a marathon of that damn show 24, you know which one will win, right?

But yes here we are. A brand new year, and another chance for me to make some new resolutions and then ultimately fail. So I am finally not going to do that. I am just going to tell myself I will endeavor to write more and leave it at that. Because I really don't need something else to feel bad about, ya know?

I do have a post brewing on a wrap-up of my 20 book challenge from 2006, but that will come later this week.

I spent the holidays waist-deep in all things pink, Barbie, and princess. God help me, this child seems intent on picking up every single branded item I fucking hate. What can't she love black turtlenecks and jeans like her mom? Case in point, as I write this she is sitting beside me on the floor acting out some game between a singing Ariel doll and Strawberry Shortcake. Although I do have some hope for her yet, as all I keep hearing are things like "you're not my mommy" and then demanding much louder "TAKE YOUR MASK OFF!"

Sweet.

But mostly it was nice to spend just regular hanging-out time with Alice. We're so used to a rigid schedule of daycare, dinner time, reading time, bath time, ativan time, that we're not used to having available hours that are open-ended. It's nice to have time once in a while to just watch movies and eat chocolate and play school and lie down again. And it's especially nice that Alice seems content to do these things with us. Most of the time.

The rest of the time, it's dance time.




2 Comments:

  • It's good to take a break every now and then. Glad you had a good time, and don't worry, the princess thing will pass.

    By Blogger landismom, at 10:12 p.m.  

  • I remember telling you that I didn't want to buy Bumper a pink barbie stroller and you suggested a shopping cart (a wonderful suggestion I might add) - well guess what Bumper got for Christmas - a pink disney stroller and now we play taking care of baby all the time. Where does she get this pink, uber girly, barbie doll need from? I now understand that this is just the beginning. Gulp.

    It's super great that you got to spend so much time together and heck, dance time looks like a blast. Happy New Year!

    By Blogger motherbumper, at 10:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home