tripping the life unbalanced

Sunday, November 06, 2005

a windy Sunday

It's one of those days here that is windy and warm(er, for November in Toronto). Alice and I spent yesterday morning raking up leaves and jumping in them, only to look out our back window to see the lawn completely covered in leaves again. The wind is so fierce at times that it looks like it is snowing, but that's only the leaves falling.

A day for stew and homemade cookies and movies and books. Well, we'll see if we can get to at least one of those things!

I have discovered a great new TIME CONSUMING activity for Alice (note that TIME CONSUMING is in capital letters, as I think my new job in life is to find activities which take up Alice's TIME so I can have some TIME to do my own things too). During our weekly visit to the library I found a Robert Munsch CD that has quickly become a part of my new TIME CONSUMING plan. Alice already owns about 5 of the stories that are on that CD, and she loves to lie on the floor and "read" each book along with Munsch's telling of it. It's amazing! It's awesome! It's a great new idea...(uhh...wait a minute...didn't we use to do the same thing as kids, but with records and stories that had Tinkerbell ringing her bells to turn the page?) Alice will spend up to an hour lying there listening to stories and turning the pages and I will spend the same time reading the paper or catching up on Coronation Street (which is OH MY GOD amazing right now).

Anyway, to any of you with preschoolers, I just thought I share the tip. But maybe you already thought of this great idea yourself and maybe I just sing my body electric too much.

3 Comments:

  • Thank you for reminding me of the Tinkerbell sound! What a happy memory.

    By Blogger Ann D, at 8:30 p.m.  

  • RM's website is wonderful. It tells the real story behind "I'll Love You Forever", which is why I can no longer read it without great big sobs. Not pretty Meryl Streep Tears - ugly bawling with snot and heaving.

    You can download him telling stories and poems and stuff there.

    http://www.robertmunsch.com/

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:07 p.m.  

  • Mmmmm... stew and homemade cookies. Can I come over? :)

    By Blogger Jackie, at 8:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home