tripping the life unbalanced

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

further proof my family is a little weird

New song my mom and grandmother taught Alice on the weekend:

ROCK ROCK ROCKING IN YOUR ROCKING CHAIR
ROCK ROCK ROCKING IN YOUR UNDERWEAR

and then repeat. About a million trillion times. This seems to be some old lullaby in my family's personal song collection, but I can't find it anywhere in the (good old) internet. Which must mean that the song is made up. Which means someone in my family somewhere in time sang this to a small child and then inflicted it on future generations.

2 Comments:

  • MY SISTER IS SO FUNNY! and there was never a question about how weird our family is...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 p.m.  

  • Thought I would check this little family mystery out - and discovered that my mother made it up - about 60 years ago, in an attempt to quiet a fretful child - possibly my younger brother Tony - never me.
    Love Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home