tripping the life unbalanced

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

thou shalt not covet your neighbour's basement

My good friend has recently had her basement renovated and converted it into a giant playroom/family room and I am OH SO jealous. Imagine the space! No. Toys. Piled. Up in the living room, and No. Toys. Stabbing. Me. In. The Toe when I first stumble into the kitchen in the mornings to make coffee.

In my previous life, I would have coveted a large bay window with stain-glass somewhere in the Bloor/Bathurst area. With a giant window seat that I could sit in and read the Sunday afternoon away. And now? I would move mountains to have a basement rec room if possible, with wall to wall carpeting, pot lights and a couple of comfy couches. And a place for the tv instead of my living room, which is the first room in my house and therefore so easy to feast your eyes on soon as you enter the door.

I mean really. Shouldn't we all have a place to store our kids and televisions?

2 Comments:

  • I sooo feel your pain!!! Right now, I'm in a downtown two bedroom condo with an 18 month old DD and a three month old DD... All the *stuff* is taking over!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 p.m.  

  • Duuuude. You said it all. I pray for a day where my basement houses more than mould.

    By Blogger scarbie doll, at 3:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home