tripping the life unbalanced

Saturday, December 03, 2005

I wanna rock and roll all night

Last night I went out to see my friend's band at Clinton's. Wah hoo! Out on a Friday night, got to catch up with old friends, and was all on my own. Loved it. Alice spent the night with my mom, while Matt spent some time on his own. We both needed a night for just ourselves and it was so very very worth it.

I used to spend quite a bit of time pre-Alice in smoky bars and watching bands, so last night felt like an old friend's hug. And I found myself thinking about who I was before I was someone's mommy or someone's partner. I am happy where I am in my life now, but it felt good to remember that old part of me. To look her up and say "wanna go see a band?" Carefree and oh so fancy free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home