tripping the life unbalanced

Thursday, March 16, 2006

50 Ways To Lose Your Momentum

Yes I know.

I am sorely behind in updating on my 50 book challenge for this year. I've been reading, just not updating. I have also run up against a familiar problem for me: jump into a project head first, go overboard at the beginning, and lose momentum somewhere along the way. It's not that I am losing interest in reading itself - it's that I am losing interest in some of the books I have chosen to read. I'll read about 20 pages of a book, and if I'm not head over heels about it by that point, I'll find any excuse not to finish it. And then I'll feel resentful about having to finish that particular book. Ummm Kate? You do know this is your project, right? This is your list, with your own choices on it right? No one is making me read these books but me.

But I do feel a certain obligation to complete these books, if only to try and overcome my regular procrastination pattern. The bar was set pretty high with Can't Stop Won't Stop, and that's a bit unfair to the other books who maybe need a little time to come out in their awesomeness a little more.

So what have I been doing with the books that don't strike my fancy right away? Returning them to the library, promising myself that I will tackle them later in the year. Great. I can just see where this is heading: August with a ton of books on vacation that I detest. I think I might have to rethink the list a bit. 'Cause I'm the boss of this project, right internet?

Without further ado, let the updates begin. I will follow this post with the updates of the books I have read so far. 'Cause I know you are waiting on the edge of your seats. 'Cause I know how much my reading matters to people. (ummmmm....yah..feel free to skip the next few posts if you're not really into this)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home