tripping the life unbalanced

Monday, February 13, 2006

start spreading the news...

I'm back from New York. I had a fantastic time there, almost cathartic if you will.

My anxiety was kept well under control while there, which leads me to believe that it isn't necessarily the place I am in which creates the problem. It is truly all me. I was in NYC, for gawd's sake - land of uber stimulation and constant noise. And I felt completely at home. I managed to quell my claustrophobia for a few hours and actually SHOPPED. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am the worst person to shop with - I get cranky really easily and frustrated that I can't find anything I like. I managed to somehow get beyond this, however, when I stepped into the land of discount fashion warehouses. I found a wicked lime green coat with a crazy collar that I totally fell in love with. I bought it at the start of my week there so I had the chance to walk around in it with new found attitude all week. I found myself reverting back to that confidant self I used to be - before the anxiety and panic. Amidst the the honking horns and every passerby yelling into cell phones, I finally felt at peace again.

How can it be that I had to go all the way to New York to find myself?

2 Comments:

  • Did you really find yourself or maybe did you just re-acquaint with a part of your old self?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:52 p.m.  

  • I totally relate. You are my new best friend. What's your email address?

    By Blogger BabyonBored, at 11:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home