tripping the life unbalanced

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

slowly getting by

I've been a bit AWOL from this site the last little while. My household has been taken over by this nasty cold/flu thing that seems to have Toronto in its grip. Yuck. First it was Alice, then Matt, and now me. I had to cancel a business trip to Montreal today because of how terrible I was feeling.

Isn't it funny how, once you have kids, illness can turn a house upside down? For weeks? You seem to go into days and days of just coping. Your hours are spent timing the tempra doses with your own extra-strength advil doses, sharing the vaporizer, and negotiating between Treehouse TV and bad daytime tv. And meals? Forget about anything worthwhile. It's all about the Japanese take-out then, my friends.

So to add to my whine, I've also been trying to balance my growing work load with everyone being sick. Which gets tricky when you have a snotty-nosed toddler crying at your office door - "mommy, can't you come take care of me?" Be still my guilty heart. So off I go, to the couch to snuggle with my girl while also taking a conference call and french-braiding Barbie's hair at the same time. Now that is multi-tasking.

2 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry you guys. Let me know if I can wing a can of chicken soup through the hole in your screen door or anything one of these days. Because I care about you.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:03 p.m.  

  • Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
    » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home