tripping the life unbalanced

Sunday, February 26, 2006

these shoes were made for tapping

I was just about to write this whole entry about the latest exploits of the big girl in the big girl bed. Until she threw me the best one yet just now:

I put her to bed about 10 minutes ago - after no nap today, a hectic afternoon, a bath, and books, and warm milk yada yada yad, I thought she would be pooped. I figured I could get away with one quick bedtime song and she would be out in minutes. But then, just as I started writing this entry, I hear this tap-tap-tapping sound coming from her room. I went in to see what was up and all I find was a little girl giggling in her bed. I knew she had done something, but I couldn't figure out what. I started with the whole "listen Alice, I know that sometimes it's hard to go to sleep but really it's just that" and making myself vomit inside, when I heard the tap-tapping sound again - coming from beneath the covers. I threw back the covers to find the culprit - trampy little "princess" high heels we have unfortunately inherited. That she loves. She had them on the outside of her sleepers - with feet. What a look.

I burst out laughing, which of course wasn't the best thing to curb her growing hyperactivity. But I just couldn't help it.

Someone else put this child to sleep, pleaeeeeaassseee?

6 Comments:

  • Too cute! Much cuter than A's adventure today, which was to smear the diaper rash cream that I had neglected to return to its high hiding place all over her pajamas...

    By Blogger chichimama, at 9:00 p.m.  

  • Hahahaha! We are having the same issue with some hot pink "Coyote Ugly" cowgirl boots that followed us home from Target. They go with EVERYTHING, you know.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:32 a.m.  

  • Can't breathe! That image will stay with me for a while.

    Of course it's so fucking hilarious because it's just the type of shit we would have pulled at her age.

    My mom tells this story of how we moved to a house when I was 4. I would show people our room (I shared with my sis) and say, "I still sleep in a crib because [my sis] still wets the bed." I was clearly embarassed and wanted everyone to know that I was a big girl and it wasn't my fault.

    My mom says that was when they knew they had to get me the big girl bed. And everything I got, "she" had to get too. So they put her in the big girl bed after I had put in all those years... But you know what, she stopped wetting the bed that very night.

    Strange huh?

    By Blogger scarbie doll, at 12:52 a.m.  

  • She is completely sabotaging you with cuteness. Smart girl!!!

    By Blogger Anne, at 9:24 p.m.  

  • I'm sorry but that is seriously the reason we have a child isn't it? Because they would think to put on high heels in bed and find it hilarious? That is the stuff I'm looking FORWARD to! By the way, I used to torture babysitters with every excuse imaginable to get out of bed. Many many a sitter quit because I was too ridiculous. I'm sure my kid will be exactly the same.

    By Blogger BabyonBored, at 11:45 p.m.  

  • Me need new bloggy blog entry. now.

    By Blogger BabyonBored, at 5:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home