tripping the life unbalanced

Monday, March 27, 2006

in lieu of a real post

Am. Not. Motivated. Today.

The sun was shining, the weather was finally getting warmer here in the T.Dot, and the last thing I wanted to do is write a long and involved blog entry. I mean, I want to, 'cause I do have a lot to say, but I don't want to actually take the time to write it out coherently.

So instead I will enthrall you with notes on some of my favourite things these days:

1) Big Love, another fine series from south of the border. I thought I would get a break from HBO overload since Six Feet Under is dead and buried (sniff), but alas it is not to be. Oh HBO, why must you torture me so with yet another addictive tv series? Don't you know I have friends I should call and books I should read and walls I should stare at? And a series with polygamy AND Chloe Sevigny? You know how to charm a girl, you really do.

2) I only discovered Jenny Lewis recently, but she's become my new favourite best friend. Her song "You Are What You Love" has me smiling and jumping all over the place. She was recently in town for a show and like the asshole that I am I missed it. Sigh. If you don't yet know who she is, you should find out asap. You won't regret it.

3) This last one has snuck up on me. I didn't know about it until four days ago and now I think about it all. day. long. It's chocolate my daughter's daycare is making me push to unsuspecting family and friends for a fundraiser. I believe the point is to sell it to other people, but in our household that just means "bring home a giant box o' chocolate for mommy." Seriously. I started out with just one mint bar and suddenly I'm about 5 bars in the hole. This is our first experience with fundraising-through-sales and I gotta say it's a bit weird. I understand that it's a business model that works and brings good money for the daycare, but I have never really understood why making kids act as sales people is a good idea. That being said, the chocolate itself is pretty damn good. Or, at least, as the only available sweet thing in the cupboard right now, it's pretty damn good.

Ok, that's all I got. More thoughtful entry another day.

(PS: when I did a spell check on this entry, Blogger couldn't deal with the word "asshole" and suggested "Ashley" instead. So awesome.)