tripping the life unbalanced

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

and out of the blue

I recently received a call from my dad:

Dad: How are things?

Me: OK. (subtext here is: Tired. Cranky. At my wit's end. How about you?)

Dad: Your mom and I are coming to Toronto on Tuesday, and we wanted to know if we could take Alice with us to the cottage for a few days.

Me: stunned silence. Unable to compute.

Dad: So we would take her from Wednesday until Saturday. Would that be OK with you guys?

Me: OK? (Still unable to completely comprehend that my parents have just offered to give me a vacation from being a mommy for 4 days. 4 WHOLE DAYS, PEOPLE).

Dad: Yah, you know. As in: would you agree to that?

Me: swallowing back tears of pure joy. Yes. Oh yes. I could agree to that.

Dad: Great. See you then.

---------------------------------------------

And so it is, my friends. My parents just left with my child to enjoy 4 days of sunshine and beach and grandparents' love and Matt and I are on our own. I am so excited I don't know what to do with myself. I mean, I really don't. I think I will just sit here for a few hours and simply soak up the silence. WOO HOOOO!

9 Comments:

  • For the first time since having two, Dave and I had a night alone. We managed to cram more non-kid stuff into 9 hours than I thought was possible.

    You've got four days.

    That is just awesome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 p.m.  

  • The offer is always there to ship your kid down to New York where her auntie will spoil her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 a.m.  

  • Wow how cool! Ah, live it up!!
    I am jealous!! LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 a.m.  

  • Enjoy!!!!!! How great for both you and your folks, they must love having that much time with her.

    By Blogger chichimama, at 5:31 p.m.  

  • Yeah, but what did you make for dinner? And what time did you have it at?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 p.m.  

  • Whoo hoo! Enjoy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 p.m.  

  • Wow, four whole days! I'd be worried that would probably result in a new little person for our family.

    Hope you enjoyed some quality, relaxing.

    By Blogger ms blue, at 11:16 a.m.  

  • Hi, just stopped by to say thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm jealous! 4 kid-free days is just what the doctor ordered for me.

    By Blogger landismom, at 8:51 p.m.  

  • Wow! That is cool. and I'm curious - how old is your babe? I'm not sure I have the nerve for this quite yet, though I'm sure on a thinking level that it would be fine.

    By Blogger kittenpie, at 3:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home